Monday 25 June 2018

[solidarity] if you’ve had a shitty day with your toddler. Me too.


It was one of those days that my (usually very nice) 20-month-old beast did everything that she knows to be naughty, on repeat, with no niceness in between.Repeatedly running towards the only danger area in the house (large stone fireplace), climbing furniture, throwing every piece of food offered and shouting “MORE, MORE, MOREEEEE, MORE BABYBEL” (we have no Babybel), watering the carpet with her sippy cup, several missions to stick her fingers in the socket, taking things (fish wrappers) out of the kitchen bin and wiping them on her face, repeatedly trying to touch the hot oven, snatching from other kids, turning into a slippery, boneless, eel when I tried to move her away from whatever horrid thing she was doing.All of these things are ‘normal’, I know. But usually we get some nice playing or reading or drawing or chatting done in between. Normally she is distractible, today she was on a mission to test every boundary.I found myself opening the backdoor because I knew I’d parent better if I thought my neighbours might hear (otherwise it was just a tirade of ‘no, not that, try this’.. ‘no, no, NO, STOP, STOP RIGHT NOW’). via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MWxn4t

No comments:

Post a Comment