Wednesday 27 June 2018

My 8 month old only likes fruit purees.


I have been feeding him 3 times a day for about a month now. At first he would happily eat anything, but now he keeps his lips shut at feeding time. I remain calm and will offer it too him numerous times without pressure until he finally accepts a bite. If its pear, he will then start to gladly eat it and will even open his mouth in wait. If its something savoury and he happens to like it on this day, he will accept and eat without fuss. If he doesn't like it, then he will continue to try not to eat it and I will continue to non forcibly offer it to him a few times till I'm sure he is just not into it and will try something else. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.At the moment, I like to offer savoury and then sweet. If he eats lots of savoury, then I will offer plenty of pear after. If he eats very little savoury, then I will still offer the fruit but only in the same amount that he ate of savoury.Sometimes I worry I am doing harm as his initial reaction to eating solids now is to refuse until after offering between 10-20 times. I have started singing nursery rhymes during feeding as he likes my singing and I really do try not to make this a forceful pressured time. It would be nice if he would happily accept his solids within 1-3 tries.Is my baby's behaviour normal? I don't really want to be mixing the fruit into his veg to make him eat because I would like to avoid solidifying a sweet tooth at this early stage. As I said before, sometimes he will take to a particular savoury puree and we have no drama, so I know he can do it.What could I be doing better at meal times? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kqbc8l

No comments:

Post a Comment