Wednesday 27 June 2018

My almost 3 year old is racist


So, this came out of no where. It happened today and a couple days ago. I took my daughter to the zoo and one of the bathroom stall was dirty and had pee on the seat. She asked me if a black lady did it. I was shocked and asked her where did she hear that from. She didn’t respond so I just let it go. I told her that it could have been anyone it has nothing to do with skin color.This morning, she told my wife that she doesn’t like daddy because he’s brown. It kind of hurt my feelings a lil not gonna lie but I seriously have no idea where she got that from. She’s mixed so she’s a little dark herself so it doesn’t make sense to me.She goes to my wife’s parents house every Saturday for some grandparent time and they never watch TV or have any type of screen time so I doubt that’s where she got it. My wife is a SAHM so no one else takes care of her. I am so confused as to where she might have picked up the dislike and negative attitude towards black or brown skin.All she ever watches on TV is Daniel Tiger and Peppa Pig and I have never seen anything related to skin color on those shows. Is it possible that it’s something she thought of on her own? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IxMrSz

No comments:

Post a Comment