Sunday 24 June 2018

Need advice w/adopted son [UPDATE]


Single dad, 35So, I did confront him about it, and honestly I’m kind of heartbroken. He was getting clingy because he was planning on coming out to me and he was afraid I’d kick him out and he wouldn’t see me again.Honestly, when he told me, my heart sunk. Personally, I don’t like to label myself, and I’ve dated men and women in the past, but I’ve never brought it up to him and I’ve never brought up and major social issues with him, as I want him to form his own opinions without biasing them.I feel like I’ve failed as a parent for letting my child feel like this and waiting a week to do anything. When he told me I of course hugged him and told me I would be there if he needed anything no matter what, and that he could tell me anything, etc. I just feel like such an ass. What if he’s felt like this for the two years I’ve had him, and I didn’t know? He could easily just resent me for that. Right now he’s at Incredibles with a friend and their family, initially I didn’t want him to go, but I figured he might need some time to think this through. I’ll keep you all posted via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2K3J2kd

No comments:

Post a Comment