Tuesday 26 June 2018

Raising your voice to your toddler? Opinions?


My son is just over a year and a half. He is very smart and sweet when he wants to be. He wakes up every morning smiling and loves to give everyone and everything a kiss. He helped a little girl a daycare find her paci and put it in her mouth, kissed her on the head and walked off like a boss.Recently he's discovered hitting. He tested it out for a week or two and seemed to listen when corrected in a stern voice, no yelling just a stern " we dont hit, that hurts". Well this last week he decided to start up full force and nothing seems to stop him. He will start slapping sometimes when playing or if he decides mid-book that he doesnt like that one anymore or god forbid bedtime or pre-bedtime story time. Every night we read to him for about 15-20 minutes but last night youd think we were trying to skin him. Kicking slapping the whole 9. Today I snapped when he decided to follow me around slapping me and I turned and yelled at him. "We do not hit" I yelled his name previous to that statement and said that statement much quieter and on his level. He stuck his lip out welled up some tears and ran to me and hugged me. In that moment he shattered my heart. I felt like I had abused him or something. I felt like the shittiest dad ever. I never yell, but so far ive never really had cause to. So naturally I looked it up online and the current mood is raising your voice is akin to child abuse.Im lost, what do you all think? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tFAlSh

No comments:

Post a Comment