Friday 29 June 2018

When did parents start putting their children first?


While I was vacuuming the house I was having random thoughts. I was remembering when I was a child and we only had one air conditioner because back then they were really expensive. It was in our parents bedroom. It seemed pretty normal back then that if you're going to have one air conditioner it should go in the parents bedroom since they are the adults. I was born in 1979.I then fast forward to now. The only bedroom in our house with an air conditioner in it is the nursery. I think people would consider it extremely selfish and wrong if parents were to be the only ones with an air conditioner making their babies and children sleep in a hot room. We are expected to put our comfort last. I'm not complaining about it, believe me! I would put my comfort last and put my kids first but I'm wondering when that became a cultural phenomenon? When and why?We certainly could have more air conditioners because they aren't as expensive as they used to be but my husband hates them so that's why we don't have one in our bedroom. I just cope with being hot so my husband can be comfortable. 😂 via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2lI0SKU

No comments:

Post a Comment