Friday 29 June 2018

Being a working dad is hard


I'm a father of 3 (one from a previous marriage, two step children, and a fourth on the way). When my daughter was born I had to go back to work after two weeks because I don't get paid time off for paternity leave. For the first eight months of her life I was her primary care giver; up at night feeding her, changing her, putting her to sleep... I developed a deep bond with her.My wife then quit her job to stay at home with our daughter because she missed her too much. Who picked up the slack? Daddy did. I went from day shift five days a week to night shift seven days a week. I didn't love my daughter any less or want to be with her any less than my wife did, but one of us had to be willing to provide. In doing so I sacrificed an unreasonable amount of daddy-daughter time. I still work seven days a week, sometimes 10-12 hours a day. Then when I get home I need to be at the top of my game because I can't let my family see me stress.I just wanted to vent a little and say I for one appreciate all the working dads out there who often unwillingly sacrifice so much of their time with their kids. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MxhkZO

No comments:

Post a Comment