Saturday 30 June 2018

The toy fairy


So my daughter's 5th birthday is coming up and just before her birthday and Christmas we have a tradition involving "the toy fairy".I originally tried to tell her we could donate the old toys but she's a bit selfish (cause ya know 4) and I don't feel comfortable sorting through her things without her there to make decisions on her belongings.So a couple years ago I made this up."The toy fairy is a magical fairy that takes all our broken and old toys that aren't wanted, she fixes them just like new for other kids and gives us new toys in their place, at Christmas, she takes all the toys to Santa so he can give the fixed toys to other boys and girls."So twice a year, we sort through toys and pull out the broken and discarded toys, place them in a storage tub for the "toy fairy" and after she goes to bed I sort out the broken ones (not many, she's actually quite careful with her toys). And hide them in the trash. The next time I go out I leave the tub at a donation center.She gets an extra toy on her birthday and Christmas from the "toy fairy" and I manage to cull the hoard twice a year and make just enough room to fit her presents into the toy box.Anyone do anything similar? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kn9V2E

No comments:

Post a Comment