Friday 29 June 2018

Grandparents teaching kid to not like me?!


I’m not sure how to approach this and I’m not sure if I’m making a big deal out if this.My in-laws have this habit of saying “oh you don’t want mummy anymore” when they carry my son. And he won’t even be crying or anything like that. Once grandma just picked him from the floor when he was playing and said “oh you wanna be with grandma now. Let’s be with grandma. No, don’t want mummy.” Like wth? I find it weird af to be honest. His granddad does the same. It happens all the time.I’m uncomfortable with but they did the same with all their other grandchildren and no one else seems to take offence to it. I geddit it that they want my son to like them but i feel like there’s a better way to do it. The negative language bothers me. Like to like them, my son has to dislike me??? Is there really a need to teach a kid to choose one adult over another?My husband just thinks it’s a minor annoyance and nothing more so we don’t have to do anything. But i feel like I’ve to neutralise those comments somehow, like “you don’t want mummy” and I’ll reply “oh it’s ok, there’s plenty of love to go around”. Something like that. Granted my baby is only 10 months now. Am i worrying too much? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yVlxES

No comments:

Post a Comment