Saturday 23 June 2018

A question for the Dad’s...


My partner (25M) and I (21F) have a three month old son. At the moment, I’m acting as the stay at home mum until he is old enough for me to go back to work, and my partner has a 9-5 job but due to the distance between home and his workplace, he has to leave at about 7:30AM and doesn’t get back till 6PM. At this point, our son is ready for bed. When it comes to the weekend, my partner usually wants to be pro-active but in a way that almost excludes our son. For example, this weekend he wanted to sort out the garden and build a bench and wanted us to sit on the sidelines in the shade whilst he did this. He would have been strimming, mowing and drilling, so conversation and interaction would have been near enough none. Otherwise he takes him to his parents where his mum will more than likely hold him the most out of everyone there. I just feel like he doesn’t interact much with him on the days he does get chance, but I also understand he has spent almost 40 hours in front of a computer, and at least 8+ hours driving a car across just 5 days and needs some down time. Is there anything I can do to encourage him to do some things that actually mean interacting with our son, or am I best to just leave him to it and learn to accept that as long as he is asking for our son to be there whilst he does these things, then that is enough? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tl7i6O

No comments:

Post a Comment