Sunday 24 June 2018

My worst nightmare


When I was pregnant, I had daydreams about scenarios in which I lost my child. I chalked it up to hormones, stress, and worrying that my mind drifted to that "what if" wondering.But now, after just three days of my daughter feeling symptoms that I thought was just a virus, we're facing a long hospital stay and a word I never thought I'd have to associate with my child: leukemia.It's happened so fast. My non-verbal toddler is now in the hospital, sleeping soundly after blood transfusions, and more scary procedures are yet to come.I never thought one of the scenarios my worries tortured me with would ever come true. I'm just trying to hold it together and process everything the doctors are saying.I daresay, as I watch her sleep, my baby girl is handling this like a champ. I love how strong and brave she is. She was even singing along to her favorite Moana songs in the PICU yesterday.I just needed to vent somewhere else. For those who may be experiencing the same things, I feel for you. It's an imagined hell made real. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2yCd3Ce

No comments:

Post a Comment