Monday 25 June 2018

Terrible Twos - I need parenting strategies


Hello fellow parents. I need advice before I lose my shit.My daughter turned two in April, she really is a dream. But she’s really pushing boundaries and generally driving me crazy. Our biggest battles now include her throwing things on the ground (food, spoons, toys and currently colored pencils). I attempt to make her pick them up. Battles ensue. Hours of my life are lost. She even says “Momma do it!!” which makes me so outrageously annoyed I can’t take it. I get to the point where I just want to drag her over and force her to pick up the stuff while yelling and screaming expletives (I don’t), and that’s not the parent I want to be. But I’m low on parenting strategies and low on patience.She’s pretty introverted. Doesn’t yell or scream but she’s stubborn like a mule. When I ask her not to throw her toys she will look me in the eyes and throw something else. It literally drives me bonkers.Any advice? Also, any parenting books you recommend reading? I need some back up! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KkR7NF

No comments:

Post a Comment