Saturday 30 June 2018

Is my angry son normal?


My son is almost 5. I’ll get right in to it. He’s disrespectful and mean and angry. I don’t know how normal his defiance is. He doesn’t care about consequences. Today he came home from staying overnight at his grandmas and screamed at me the whole ride home because he had to leave. For half an hour. He talked about how he doesn’t like me, doesn’t want to live with me and so on. Ok fine. I just ignore it. We get home and he wants lunch before a nap. He keeps telling me he wishes he wasn’t home and that he’s going to be mean to our dogs because he has to nap. I put him in time out to calm down. He slams things against the door almost breaking it. We tell him to calm down, he can hit pillows. He does it again. We take his favorite toy away for the day. He comes out and smiles as he hits us and tells us he hates us and wishes we weren’t his parents. He eats lunch and after is ok. Gets in to bed for a much needed nap and starts AGAIN about how he doesn’t like us or being home. Ok we tell him you still have to nap. Still calm on our part. He then gets up and starts hitting us and throwing things at us. He doesn’t want to nap or be home. We physically have to keep putting him in bed. We have to ask him to calm down for over an hour as he hits us and tells us he hates us. Is this normal? What do we do? He will not listen to a thing we say. He’s awful at home and in public. He calls me a bitch when he’s mad. (Just a side note that his dad does not call me a bitch and never had). He loses toys, and has time outs but he will still say it. He has no respect at home or in public. He doesn’t respect or follow rules at home or when we have family events. What am I doing wrong? Is this normal for his age? When does it end? I’m miserable via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KC6FN8

No comments:

Post a Comment