Sunday 24 June 2018

I lost my temper with my toddler son over bedtime. Any suggestions from other seasoned parents?


Mom guilt is real guys. My son is co-sleeping and last night I just wanted to read my Stephen King novel in peace. I brushed my son's teeth, read him a story, gave him kisses and hugs and his stuffed bunmy and turned out the light. Then I turned on my Kindle to read. This normally works like a charm and he lays quietly to go to sleep while I read, cuddled against me. Last night he was babbling (he knows how to talk in perfect sentences), jumping on me and then he hit my head with his and I just went straight to the ceiling, grabbed him and screamed STOP IT. I said if you don't stop, I will spank you. To which he responded "Ok." Then laughed about being swatted. Then I really got pissed and just laid on top of him on my back. Last time I did that it made him laugh but then he screamed bloody murder. And then I laughed. And then I felt like shit and told him Mommy was sorry she lost her temper. Then he finally got quiet and went to sleep. Totally handled that all kinds of wrong. How do you handle it when your child laughs at your attempt to discipline? I don't want my child to grow up with a mother who yells and screams like my Dad did with me. I want to change my approach. Help! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tlc7gH

No comments:

Post a Comment