Sunday 24 June 2018

How can I help my adult daughter?


My adult daughter and her children live with us in the family home.She is in a deep dark place and I’ve tried helping her out of it but it’s not working.She is severely unmotivated. I would say she’s maybe borderline neglectful of her children. She sleeps a lot when she isn’t working. I have suffered depression all my life, I recognize that as an escape mechanism. Her car is a rolling garbage can. Her room is trash. Her bed is heaped with stuff and she sleeps in it anyway.I want to encourage her. I want her to believe that she is a good person and a good mom. I’ve said these things to her, I tell her all the time that I believe in her, I believe she can accomplish things. None of it sinks in.She is on Lexapro and she says it’s helping. I’m not sure I see that, but then again I don’t know her internal demons, so maybe it is working.What are some things I can DO? Talking just is not working. I’m so sad for her. I want her to love life and embrace motherhood and feel good about herself.Edit: I’ve suggested therapy and that was quickly met with “I don’t need to talk to anyone.” via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KgKEq5

No comments:

Post a Comment