Saturday 30 June 2018

My 28 year old son is going to be a failure, it hurts.


I am a single father of three kids (ex wife moved to england), my first daughter is 32, is married and works as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic, my second daughter is a stay at home mom, my third child, Daniel is 28 and the world is simply too much for him. I have been reading through threads of people with similar issues, and I hope you kind people can give me your take.He currently works at an asian grocery part time, has been there for three years since he finished uni in with a bachelor of science he speaks korean and thai, so he gets on well there. He barely has enough money to pay rent, most of it goes towards his cooking, which is the only thing that perks him up (I highly doubt he makes enough to pay, so im not sure where the rest of it comes from). He has been consistently looking for a job in his field since he finished, has had a bunch of interviews, but nothing has panned out. Unfortunately he also had proof, a fight of ours got so bad he locked me in his room in retaliation, I accused him of making excuses for not having a better job, and refused to let me out until I had gone through a folder full of hundreds of resumes and cover letters and played out phone recordings from human resources for interviews. Everything ranging from janitor, to associate scientist. That was horrible, I had been ignoring him, and he had all the evidence to prove that he was trying his hardestHe doesn't have any friends, never had a boyfriend or girlfriend (bisexual). He only does four things, sleep, cook, go to work, go on his computer. Last weekend, he didnt have any shifts, he was asleep from 11pm on friday, to 8pm saturday, then went to bed a little before midnight, then woke up at 6ish the next day, went to bed a few hours after, then went to work monday morning. When i ask him why he sleeps so much he says "theres no reason to be awake". Which means that all he does on the computer is do these applications for jobs.At one point, last year, I kicked him out, for two months, just to let him get a taste for the real world. Now he has already had issues with sleep walking, but over at a place with housemates, he got night terrors, and was kicked out by the fourth week. So nobody is going to live with himThe oldest refuses to talk to him, describing him as a "black hole of misery". My second daughter sent me a screen text of his chat over FB a couple of days ago. ill type it outDaniel - Have you seen this whale exploding shit?amy - You mean when the gasses build up, someone pokes it and they blow up.Daniel - I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT, ITS SO FUCKEDDaniel - oh also, evolve called, I got rejected from the fermentation job because of distanceamy - I thought they were in the CBD?daniel - yeah, in goddamn richmond, thats only 15 minutes away from the uniamy - have you figured out what youre gonna do....you know...when dad passesdaniel - I'm screwedDaniel - I really amdaniel - The way i see it, ill either kill myself, or kill as many others as I can.amy - you cant be serious, dont be a fucking edgelorddaniel - look at my life and tell me you dont see it too.Every time I walk up to the laundry and see him sleeping at three pm, its like a stab to the gut. He barely talks, he doesnt want to see a therapist, he just shrugged and said "you cant bring the dead back to life" and refused to say anything else. I'm just at a loss, I wont be around forever, but I dont want to live to see the death of one of my kids. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Knom6X

No comments:

Post a Comment