Wednesday 27 June 2018

Issue with Grandma over feeding


My mom helps take care of my 3yo several days per week. She is wonderful with her and a great help, but food has always been a contentious issue for us. My daughter is a terrible eater. Not picky, she just eats very little. Shell maybe eat one full meal per day and eats a few spoonfulls of other meals. Neither I nor the pediatrician is concerned since she is very healthy, but my mom thinks if she doesn't intervene my daughter will become malutritioned and get sick. So she spoonfeeds... every meal. Without my mom forcing food down her throat my daughter would probably not get most of the fruits and vegetables that she eats, but it's so frustrating to watch. I've tried asking my mom directly to stop but she believes she's all that stands between my child and malnutrition, so she can't bring herself to do that. What is a diplomatic way to address this with her? I really want to teach my daughter self-sufficiency and about consequences, but should I just let it go? Also how do you get your kids to eat??? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2IufLcF

No comments:

Post a Comment