Sunday 24 June 2018

Need to hear from others without a support system


I don’t have very many parent friends, and I feel like I can’t relate to the ones I do have because they don’t know what I refer to as, “The Fear.” I don’t have any family where I live and my husband travels a lot. If anything happens, there is no one here to save me. If I get stuck at work, no one can pick the kids up. If I get sick, no one can come relieve me. I feel like I’m usually one crisis away from desperately needing help that just isn’t available. If I had a true emergency, I know I have friends or neighbors that would help, but it’s the little things that I need help with. I find it so frustrating talking to people who have grandparents watch their kids all the time when I have no help at all. I just want to find someone in a similar boat so that we can help each other. Right now I’ll settle for hearing that there are internet strangers out there who understand. Thanks. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KglqIy

No comments:

Post a Comment