Saturday 23 June 2018

Punishment for "uncaring" 12 yr old


Hey guys,May not be the right place (sorry in that case) but I need some advice on how to approach this.Due to some circumstances I will be taking care of my brother who is 12 (I'm 24 to clarify). My mom has absolutely no clue what to do anymore and he no longer has a father in the picture. Overall he is disrespectful towards basically everyone. we are running into a problem where he is continuously stealing my mom's credit cards to e-purchase whatever he wants. While she's not the smartest in preventing it, we have no clue how to go about punishing him because he just simply does not seem to care about anything we take and prevent him from doing. He has continuously acted defiant by going to go steal back whatever my mom has taken away. She even bought a safe to keep things in (not an expensive one by any means) and somehow he destroyed to take his stuff back.He's going to be staying with us for the majority of the summer and while my husband and I don't want to completely just deprive him of everything and make him hate life, I am not too sure on what to do. I have a plan to make him "earn" time for game time with chores, something like 1 chore = 1 hour of game time. While I know I am his sister, our relationship has never been very sibling like due to our age difference.Sorry if this is worded oddly, but I just need advice on how to promote him earning his rewards. Obviously we are hoping we can teach him some discipline while he is here and some proper behavior but just could use some guidance from other parents.Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KaR5ro

No comments:

Post a Comment