Wednesday 27 June 2018

Blasted by inlaws on holiday for rinsing our toddlers peed pants in the sink


So I’ve been with my partner for 6 years and we have a 3 year old. We went on holiday for a few days with his parents. I’ve never seen them yell at any of their 4 kids before, not even once. At the place we were staying there was a main bathroom and a small bathroom in the hallway. My daughter didn’t make it to the toilet in time and peed herself in the hallway next to smaller bathroom. So I went to grab a cloth and wiped it up and placed her underwear and pants in the sink of the hallway bathroom to rinse. By the time I got back his parents came in and his dad asked who left them there and I said I was just rinsing them and he blasted “why don’t you use your own bathroom, I wash my bloody face in that sink! Why didn’t you use a bowl or something!” And his mom added “ what if I had my knickers in your sink?! We left you the other bathroom to give you some privacy!!” Meanwhile we had only been there a couple days and I woke up after them every morning and had literally no idea we were using different bathrooms. I explained that and she said “look it’s over now, just THINK next time!!” I was so shocked and upset. I cried all night and barely slept.Also sucks I can’t really say anything back about how they all came into our home when my daughter was still crawling with their winter boots on in the living room on our new light coloured carpet and sat there like it was perfectly normal... then when they took them off they all left them in the living room instead of in the hall by the door like most respectful people would when they take off their shoes. I didn’t say a word however because I didn’t want to cause an issue. I hate that because they are the parents and do so much for us that I can’t even say anything or else their whole family would probably never want to speak to me again.On holiday at least my partner was supportive and told them they really overreacted and made his dad apologise the next day.Any other parents think I was being very rude and that they were right to be so pissed off and blast me? Or were they being OTT? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2tzxMBL

No comments:

Post a Comment