Wednesday 31 January 2018

[Update] I want my tubes tied, how do I tell my husband?


Previous Post.Thank you for all the replies and considerations.Update: my husband was fine with it. He essentially said “okay” and went back to what he was doing, lol.We’d previously discussed a vasectomy, but he’s younger than me (29 this week!) and I hate the idea of taking away his option to have more children if we don’t stay together.It also gives me peace of mind to know my body will no longer be able to become pregnant.I was prepared for major surgery, but it turns out a tubal is now done laparoscopically, so it’s similarly non-invasive! 30 minutes, no anesthesia, 1-2 tiny incisions.{thanks u/divinechaos207 for the info} 😊I’m happy I chose this sub for the post. Getting to hear personal stories about this topic helped a lot, even if you decided against it!I even mourned a little. I felt “off” all day as I considered my potential regret. Having children is a miracle, no doubt. And what if I get better?But I’m also mourning my vitality. My illness started in childhood, and surged in puberty (as well as during pregnancy). If I get better, I’d like to spend the rest of my 30s enjoying my youth.Hopefully my OB will also be on board! 😆 via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FyacsQ

No comments:

Post a Comment