Wednesday 31 January 2018

Shouted at my 1 year old and feel guilty


Last night I became very stressed with my one year old because she would not settle. After a long tantrum and lots of her tears, I got so frustrated I threw my phone on the floor, put her in her cot and slammed the bedroom door, breaking the handle. 5 minutes later I took her downstairs and put on her favourite TV program and she was really happy, while I sat watching it with her in my arms in tears of guilt. This morning when I left for work she was sad that i was leaving and tried to cling to me, which made me feel good, but my guilt from last night remains. I know I did the right thing by putting her in her cot and taking a breather but I still feel a bit worried about the way I handle my stress. Has anyone else ever felt this way? Is this normal for a dad of a 1 year old? She had some complications at birth which add to the stress, as well as my grandad passing away last week and my partner and I have literally no family support as her family are abroad and my family don't really care. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be the best dad I can be for my daughter. Thanks for listening. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rRTqTB

No comments:

Post a Comment