Friday 26 January 2018

Nanny bailed out, I'm pretty lost here


Older 4yo kid-recently finally got an official diagnosis of adhd-just went through his third caregiver. He wigged out last weekend and hit her, so she picked him up and put him in his room, blocking him in with her body, which caused him to panic and try to hit her more. My wife has told her that that doesn't do anything to fix his behavior, but I think she just didn't know what else to do. She ended up leaving early, and when my wife tried to contact her she just stopped responding. Don't think she's ever coming back, and we had thought we found one that was going to stick around. It took us months to find someone who worked with our budget, on our schedule, who our kids actually liked, and now I have to do it all over again.Now that he's got a piece of paper that verifies that he has a legitimate, medical problem, I wonder how people with ADHD kids go about finding reliable childcare? I would pay someone an exorbitant amount of money to just help us out a couple days a week, and treat my son the right way with respect to his brain chemistry. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ndhmes

No comments:

Post a Comment