Sunday 28 January 2018

A moment of loss


My very first post on reddit was here, in r/parenting, about having two boys and my wife being pregnant with a third. You all gave me such great advice.On Friday night my wife was experiencing a ton of abdominal pain and discomfort. After a night in the ER, we found out we’d lost the baby.I’ll never forget my wife’s face in the ultrasound room at 4 in the morning when they told us they couldn’t find a heartbeat.I told our boys and the older one was really upset. The youngest doesn’t totally understand, which is okay. They were both excited for a new brother or sister (we hadn’t known the gender).If you read this today, please give your kids an extra hug. Every one of them is a miracle in their own way. Thank you all for the advice, for having a forum like this, for trying to be the best parents you can, trying to make a difference and sharing that knowledge with us.I’m sitting in our living room right now watching cartoons with our youngest. My wife is still sleeping. It all still seems like a distant bad dream.Thank you all again, for everything. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nkvbYF

No comments:

Post a Comment