Saturday 27 January 2018

Open door policy or not?


We implemented the open door policy with our 14 year old daughter when she has her boyfriend over. She asked if they are expected to never make out at all. We said making out and some touching with the clothes still on is alright. She asked if they are supposed to do that outside or in front of us then as they may not close the door. I said they can almost close the door but leave a crack open which they did. While they were in there I walked past the door to take a quick glance to make sure no clothes were getting removed and I saw more touching of private parts with the clothes on than I'd like to see. I don't feel this policy is working and I want to know what's a better policy. I can't monitor them while making out that way but if I let them close the door I don't trust my daughter to not go any further. I'm not thrilled at the idea of the making out that way outside either. Nor do I find it reasonable to expect them to never make out at all. Ideas? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rM7jSW

No comments:

Post a Comment