Sunday 28 January 2018

The difficult, older neighbor kid


My family moved to our neighborhood two years ago. A year later, in moved this other family.There is a park across the street from my house. I take my kids almost every day when oldest gets home, to burn off steam. Sometimes there are lessons or other things going on, but when we are free, that's our spot. It was also the rest of the neighborhood kids spot, until New Family.Their oldest is twelve. I honestly thought he was one of the elementary kids with some struggles, by his behavior. He is extremely rude, selfish to the young ones, tries to talk little ones into giving him their toys to keep, or attempts really one-sided "trades" with my own nine year old. His mother never says anything to him abojt any of this, or his literal screaming whining when his own little sister touches his stuff. Her children are not expected.to share or even behave reasonably, but she will stare at you if your kids d9nt, ahile her too big for that nonsense children whine and cry! The reason the kids don't want to share is that her eight year old plahs really rough with other kids things, and then the 12 year old is as described.My son handles this really well, but other kid is persistent. Yesterday we were all outside and after being told no by my kid about trading, asked my husband if we had any he could have. I should note this is a privileged kid who wants for nothing, lest anyone wonder.Everyday after school, I pull into my dr8veway and here the kid comes, wanting to play and being kind of a bit of a shit when my son doesn't want to. Literally all the other families have largely abandoned the park. One directly told me it was because of other family. The others, it's pretty obvious why after he's been physical with four year olds.Maybe this is just a vent. Mom tells me I am the only person she talks to and my kids are the only kids here have to play with. But, she doesn't enforce any behavior standards at all, and I've gently suggested other activities and places (They are new here, I have moved all over the country with my kids so I know how hard finding new things to do can be) and she's disinterested. Completely ignores her childrens atrocious behavior. Is surprised how behind they are in school since coming to the district. You get the picture, I'm h9nestly c9ncenred what neighborhood life will be like as these kids get older.How do I handle this kids behavior? When he just walks up and loudly talks over adults, wheedles with youngsters for toys, assumes other kids who don t want to play with him are "in trouble"? I seriously hate being pounced on as soon as we roll into our driveway. I miss my other ne8ghborhood families, and they've been dr8ven away.Help. Advice, experience, anything? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2Foahz2

No comments:

Post a Comment