Saturday 27 January 2018

4 year old needing speech theraoy


Hello! My daughter started pre-k this year and was recently evaluated for speech. I was not surprised because she does have some difficulty pronouncing certain sounds. Her father and I both needed speech classes as well.So she will be going to speech twice a week. However I am worried about something the speech therapist mentioned. She said her frenulum was very short and she will likely have trouble with pronouncing certain words for her whole life. When she was born her pediatrician mentioned that she had a short frenulum but would Ike to wait and see if it changes. She never had trouble feeding.So, has anyone else dealt with this? Is surgery even an option? I'm so scared for her but I want to give her the best shot possible at speaking clearly. Thank you! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DKZS40

No comments:

Post a Comment