Monday 29 January 2018

I want my tubes tied. How do I tell my husband?


We have a 2M, always planned to be 1-and-done, but have debated more kids.This month, my period was quite late (5 days), but I wasn’t pregnant. After I took the test, my husband told me he “got excited” at the thought of me being pregnant.Well. I mentioned in December that I wanted to get my tubes tied and he seemed fine with it.I’ve been having serious health problems, so caring for my son is really physically hard. He has some delays which I fear are genetically inherited from me. A pregnancy / new baby / plus toddler / having to stop my own treatment sounds like a nightmare.I also have to go off hormonal birth control, because my body is treating the synthetic hormones like poison (bonding and storing them where they can’t be used), and my brain isn’t producing any sex hormones because I objectively “have plenty.”So, I’m experiencing chemical menopause (biologically, I’m fertile). I have 0 available progesterone and testosterone, and less estrogen than a 10 year old girl.I just ordered a cervical cap (I’ve tried copper IUD, didn’t work for me), but... it makes sense for me to get sterilized. Right?And my gut reaction is that of “it’s my body” and “I could never go through pregnancy again” ... but I know he has to be on board.Thanks for listening, it helped just to type this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nptNDZ

No comments:

Post a Comment