Sunday 28 January 2018

Awkward child safety situation with wife's family


Looking for some advice on how to handle this awkward situation. My wife's family is very focused on child safety and frown upon anything that involves even the smallest risks for the kids. Today I was playing with our two kids and took a photo of them in a slightly risky position. I thought it was a cute photo and instantly texted it to her family. As soon as my wife saw it she freaked out and yelled at me "how could you show that photo to them! They will think you're so stupid!". Within seconds her brother had responded with a predictable "That's so unsafe..." lecture. Now my wife thinks her whole family is horrified and I should accept blame and somehow apologize. I don't want to apologize for playing with my kids. She thinks I should at least say something like "I already got yelled at". If I don't say something, this situation may get awkward the next time we all meet. How should I handle it and respond to her family? For context, what I did was I put our 6-week old newborn in a doll stroller and let our 2-year old toddler pretend like she's pushing the stroller while I took the photo. In theory the doll stroller could have tipped over, but I was very careful about not letting the toddler walk by herself, and inches away in case anything happened.... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EiYbbj

No comments:

Post a Comment