Friday 26 January 2018

So F****** Tired


I know that someday, somehow, this will end. However, since January 31st of 2014 - I have not slept (well). I have two lovely boys, I love them more than anything in the world, I would gladly take a bullet for them. However, more and more, I want the bullet to just help me get some f****** sleep.My 4-year-old (almost) has never slept well, ever. At this point we have a humidifier, a essential oils diffuser, a white noise machine, a space heater, two night lights and he still comes down at around midnight, sleeps in our bed, then wakes up at 5AM. We have tried everything under the sun (going to bed earlier, later, the absence of all of the above listed, medicine, all of it) and he just gets up at 5AM. This wouldn't be too big of an issue if I could just plop him in front of the TV and give him breakfast and go back to bed. However, I can never fall back asleep, so I'm beholden to being up at 5AM too. His little 1-year-old brother will get up at 5AM or so and then we have to set him up.I know I sound like a whiny little brat right now myself, I just wanted to vent and I think my wife is tired of me complaining - I know she works just as hard as me if not harder - I'm just trying to be a great dad but day after day sitting at work feeling like a zombie is just making me feel weak in my bones.This is definitely a "get through" period in my life - I just need to get through it! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2DRxson

No comments:

Post a Comment