Monday 29 January 2018

Reading "Love You Forever" and the consequences


If you ever want to make my wife cry, just read "Love You Forever", and she'll be a mess halfway into it. I find it to be heavyhanded and too obvious (not to mention stalker-mom climbing a ladder...). So we disagree on the book, but that's fine, I know this, she knows this, my starting-to-get-good-at-reading daughter (7) did not.A couple nights ago, daughter picks this one out of the collection and wife starts reading it to her, and I can hear her voice start to waver almost instantly, and by page 3, my daughter has to take over and wife just cannot contain herself. So I walk into the reading room to comfort her. At this point, my daughter starts laughing at the idea of her mother crying at a book, which results in me laughing, which results in my wife simultaneously laughing and crying, all while jabbing me in the stomach to get me to stop - I'm ticklish, so it has the opposite effect. Anyway, book is done, wife is appalled (not really) that we would dare laugh at her. I just said "I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH Daughter! You understand."Anyway, wife goes to tuck daughter in, and I hid that book so the kids can't find it again (wife knows where it is). via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nm50Bq

No comments:

Post a Comment