Monday 29 January 2018

5 year old in Kindergarten, teacher complains about him almost every time I pick him up.....


I have 5 kids ranging from 21 to 5. My son started kindergarten this year. He is the last so he does have the baby complex, a little spoiled, a little stubborn.Anyway, last year I put him in Montessori school to prepare him for kindergarten. He learned a lot. Science projects, class trips, letter recognition, alphabet, etc. I wanted a more structured system so that he would have a great start to kindergarten. He never has a single complaint in the whole time he went there. They only had great things to say about him.He started kindergarten in Sept.His kindergarten teacher is nice I guess, at least outwardly. But she has started a pattern that I find very concerning.In October my son was coming home everyday saying that there were a few kids in class bothering him. I approached the teacher about it and she just said that he was involved.Since then she complains if he steps in a puddle, or goes down the wet slide. (he has a change of clothes at school, they each do)She complains that he doesn't listen to her or that he speaks out in class.My son does have a one track mind sometimes. If he has something on his mind its often better just to let him finish his thought because he wont process your point.I spoke to a counselor about him outside of the school. I was as honest as possible about this and he said that he is a 5 year old boy and that these are normal things, understand, and just try and curb the behaviors as much as possible. He will grow out of it.My son is calm at home, he naps after school, plays with his lego, or watches tv on his own. My wife does his homework him and she has to work to get him to do the work properly. But he does.I'm thinking of putting him in sports, as I think he may need to burn off some energy. But I also have serious concerns because he was doing so well in Montessori, but now in public school it seems like he is becoming an issue.The teacher has 19 kids, by herself, and even when I asked she said he is not the only one there are a few others acting up.Anyway, I have called the principle to see what I can do better, what the teacher can do as well, and see where I can go from here.I never had to deal with this with any of the other kids.Any and all advice is appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BBHk0x

No comments:

Post a Comment