Sunday 28 January 2018

Infertile friend critical of my parenting


TL;DR : friend critical of my parenting while she doesn’t have kids/ is going through fertility treatments.So one of my good friends is going through fertility treatments, whereas I got pregnant by accident (not trying on BC pill). Throughout my pregnancy I was always careful not to complain about any symptoms I had to her because I always felt like it would make her feel shitty. Even after I had my baby I was always there answering her calls / texts about her fertility experiences. Sometimes I would be extremely sleep deprived but I didn’t want to add insult to injury that I was tired because I had something she wanted.Anyways, I’m noticing she’s becoming more and more critical of my parenting. When she first met my baby she looked at his pacifier and said “oh what’s your mom doing”. When I ended up co sleeping with him because I had a c section and couldn’t get up to get him from his crib and I sent her a picture of him lying peacefully beside me she said “hmm that’s not his crib”. I have a cat and she’s been great with the baby and I sent pictures of them together and her response was “seems like the cat is trying to smother the baby”Mostly I just ignore it and tell myself that it’s the fertility treatments talking but just curious as to what everyone else would do /say. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rM3Nbt

No comments:

Post a Comment