Monday 29 January 2018

Depressing Thoughts About the World I am Raising my kids into


I don't know if this is the proximity of the Holocaust Remembrance Day two days ago, or just a general winter-y feeling that will go away. So I apologise for this rant but I need this as an outlet.We are a "mixed" couple (mixed nations, mixed "skin colours", mixed religions). Pretty normal in the city we live in. But in the country we live in, there is an increasing number of people who would start sentences with "I am not a racist, but... [enter something racist that they think]".It is not better in other countries in the world. Racism and anti-Semitism are out there and you can see this type of hate speech here on Reddit, or Twitter or other places, quite frequently. You see people killing each other in brutal civil wars and conflicts.What kind of world am I raising my children in?Again, apologies for the dark tone. It is more of an outlet for my fears. In real life we never experienced a racist attack or comment in the city I live in, but I am not so sure about other places where we are visibly different. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2EmiUuA

No comments:

Post a Comment