Tuesday 30 January 2018

He called me mama


So last night my foster son, who is 16 months and a bit delayed in speech (has no words, but early intervention came out and is not concerned yet) pointed at me and said "mama." I broke down and ugly cried in front of him and he just patted my arm and kept playing. This is huge for me, because he biological mom signed over her parental rights last week, which has left me all kinds of emotional and I am grieving for my son, even as I celebrate that we are moving toward adoption. I sometimes feel like a fake mom, even though I'm just as "real" as his bio mom, so to hear him call me mama was the best feeling ever and also left me so sad that his bio mom isn't healthy enough to know this amazing little boy. It also made the 2+ hours he's up EVERY DAMN NIGHT a little easier to deal with. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2GwYorQ

No comments:

Post a Comment