Friday 30 November 2018

What to do when toddler tells you her caregiver is touching her vagina?


My daughter is 2 years and 5 months. After daycare she came home and went pee, taking off her pants and underwear, and proceeded to just hang out naked waist down. This is normal for us, especially since we just recently potty trained her.Then she walks up to me, pointing her crotch upwards, saying "mommy, can you touch me inside my vagina?" I said "no thank you" and started bringing her attention to something else. Then she said, "only (caregiver's name) does it?" So I said "what does (caregiver) do?' She said " she touch me inside my vagina." I said, "you mean when she wipes your pee pee?" She didn't say anything for about 10 seconds, then she said "and then I say don't do that (caregiver) and then I cry, right?" I tried asking her to clarify but to her this conversation was over and she was playing with something else.I know this probably doesn't mean anything. She's so young and she's been known to make up stories or to fill in details of real events with imaginary ones. I had previously joked with a friend that someone who didn't know my husband or me might think we abuse her based on some of the things she says. For example, once she fell and bruised her arm. On a different day I asked her if she remembered how she got that bruise. She said, "daddy did it to me, daddy hurt me." another time while playing in a mischievous way, she said "mommy doesn't like it, right? Mommy says no don't do that, I'm going to throw you in the garbage." I honestly never talk to her like that, I have no idea where she gets it from! When she says these things she's not upset, she's very casual about it.I feel very skeptical about the possibility that her caregiver (at a home daycare) is touching her inappropriately, but I don't want to ignore this just in case. How can I get more information from her without asking leading questions? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Q5JRw1

No comments:

Post a Comment