Tuesday 27 November 2018

$62,000???


So my son goes to a Public funded charter school outside of Charlotte. It’s really cute and it’s a nature based learning school. So far everything has been dandy but then the fundraising started. We were given 1 month (November) to raise $250 per kid, trying to secure as many corporate sponsors as we could with a total goal of 62,000. They did last year and secured the 50k they were looking for. Now the plans for the money are to expand the school into higher grades and to build little tree houses on property. I’ve struggled with the fundraiser this year bc it seems like raising this money is the utmost important thing happening right now. Pretty much all my emails from the school mention it in a big paragraph. I understand the need for fundraising and the fun run approach is better (I’m guessing) than selling things door to door. This November we’ve had not one by 2! Heart attacks in my family (mom and dad) so raising money has been the last thing on my mind. Anyway I get a message saying “have your kids bring in their donation envelopes if they want to participate in the fun run and they’ll be asked how much they raised in class” So I’m pissed...what about the kids who didn’t raise anything? Why should they be singled out? Why do they have to announce what they managed to raise? WHY fundraise during the holidays? I’m just very annoyed by all of this. Need insight from my fellow parents. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2DOcgPO

No comments:

Post a Comment