Monday 26 November 2018

I Just Found Out That My [F18] Daughter is Having An Affair With a Married Man [55]


One my daughter's closest friends recently confided in me that she's extremely worried about my daughter because she's entered into what she believes is an abusive BDSM relationship with a married man. I'm absolutely crushed after learning this information. I loath the idea of a 55 year old man fucking and flogging my daughter. I know some people are going to say she has "daddy issues," and accuse me of being a bad parent, but that accusation is completely erroneous. Both me and wife have loved our daughter and always been there for her emotionally and financially; she has NEVER been abused and we've basically had no major conflicts with her. My daughter has been struggling to make friends during her first semester in college; I suspect this man is preying on her loneliness. The man's wife, and his teenage children, have no idea this affair is taking place. The man has told my daughter he "loves" her and allegedly is playing the "I'm going to leave my awful wife and marry you soon" card. I've been told my daughter also has visited a hospital several times this year due to the man's extremely aggressive and dangerous bedroom behavior.My daughter's friend wants to stage an intervention with my wife and I; I'm not sure what I should do. I'm obviously disgusted, and worried, but I'm afraid if we stage an intervention it could anger and embarrass my daughter and induce a "Romeo & Juliet" dynamic into the relationship. I don't want to permanently fracture my relationship with my daughter but I also feel like doing nothing, after her best friend came to me in tears, would make me a piss poor parent. How would you guys recommend I handle this situation? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ShNjjL

No comments:

Post a Comment