Friday 30 November 2018

Advice RE: Diet & Fitness for Brand New Dad


First post to this subreddit. Brand new Dad here! We had our daughter on Tuesday afternoon via C Section. Wife had preeclampsia so it’s been a rough one for her but our little one is doing great now. Unfortunately, we’re still in the hospital and have been here since Sunday AM. Hope to get out tomorrow!Anyhow, I’m looking for advice on diet and fitness in fatherhood (I want to avoid the “fatherhood 15”, haha).First, with diet, here what I’ve been doing besides plenty of water: Breakfast: Cliff bar, Greek yogurt, banana, & black coffee Snacks: Almonds/Pistachios, “healthy” popcorn, carrots/hummus, cheese sticks, berries, & of course, more black coffee Lunch/Dinner: Here’s where I need some advice, I’m looking for ideas “on the go”/super easy to cook at home & what to eat out (if we have to) PS - wife is a PICKY eaterSecond, so far, I’m doing at least 20 push-ups every feeding (started adding some variations yesterday as well). At home, I have a DB set (up to 40 lbs, I think) and one of those “towers” you can do dips & pull/chin-ups on in my garage. What are some routines and exercises you fellow Dads are doing when you can’t make it to the gym (which I expect will be a rarity now)?Being a Dad is EVERYTHING it’s cracked up to be. Much love everyone & thanks for the advice! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2PbalH9

No comments:

Post a Comment