Thursday 29 November 2018

AWOL Mother


Long story short, after divorcing in 2016, and even while separating in 2014, I have had majority, of not total, custody of my now 5 year old son. His mother, who is entirely too into drugs (opiates, both manufactured and later, heroin) has been in and out of his life constantly since he was around 8 months old.Now, this morning in fact, I had one of his teachers tell me after I dropped him off this morning that he has been yelling and screaming at them, and when asked why he is acting this way, he just says he is sad. We literally talked about why he is sad on the way to school this morning, and He and I have talked about him being sad before, and it always, without fail, comes around to the fact that mom isn’t/or is barely around.This is her choice, she has supervised visitation, every Tuesday and every other weekend. She, however, has chosen to live in another state, because she gets to have her dream job, AKA pot farmer. Basically, from my point of view, as I have had discussions with her about this numerous times, it’s not a problem for her, as it seems she just continues to move further and further away.My son, who is literally everything to me, is acting out about this, and I’m at a loss on what to do. He asks where she is, I have answered in pretty much every way that a 4-5 year old can understand, but it doesn’t help. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Q7aoco

No comments:

Post a Comment