Monday 26 November 2018

Sibling Bullying


So kids fight. Sometimes they fight a lot. I have 2 teen boys that are very close in age. I swear, they have been fighting since #2 was out of the womb.I'm a single mom with 3 kids. I grew up in a dysfunctional mess, so read every parenting book I can get my hands on. It's sometimes hard to know what healthy is if it hasn't been role-modeled to you.I was always told that kids need to work out their own fights. Don't referee all of their battles. I tried to do this, but in my gut..knew that my youngest had no chance. He is more mild mannered and would get 100% creamed physiologically by his older brother.A year ago, I realized that my youngest always seemed very depressed. He was constantly picked-on my his brother. This caused severe anxiety for him.With great reluctance, my ex and I decided to have one son stay with him during the week, and one stay with me. They are together on the weekends. I was SO nervous about this change but didn't know what else to do.Just want to say that this last year has been fantastic! My younger guy has had more space to establish better boundaries and get in his own groove. My older guy just has a very type-A dominate personality. He is learning to soften some of his words and be kind to his brother.Just wanted to encourage other parents in your parenting. Sometimes trying a plan that seems kinda unorthodox can be a good thing. It has brought us peace in our home again. Parenting is so hard...just wanted to throw this out there, as I'm so relieved! Good luck out there! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TMCvvp

No comments:

Post a Comment