Thursday 29 November 2018

My wife is pregnant - and we're broke in London.


The pregnancy came somewhat earlier than intended. I'm a photographer and this year I quit my job as first assistant to a fashion photographer in London to pursue my own career and open a company. It's been a tough year financially but I've been happy as hell with my decision and growing artistically and professionally. She supports me fully and we knew it would take time. She wanted to have a kid but we'd agreed that we'd wait until next year to be financially more stable. Anyways, she really wanted it and I guess we both gave in. Short story, she's pregnant, due in June. I'm super happy but at the same time worried whether I'll "make it" in time to welcome out child into the world. Truth is, we're currently living from her salary. I've made great connections this year, and I want to believe that 2019 will be better in my career and financially. Even though I'm worried about money, I've also confirmed my thoughts that life is not about money. I went from a great salary, with a job travelling the world and working with A listers, to barely making it to end of the month. However, we are really strapped at the moment and can't see things changing until 2019. I guess I have 6 months more to make things work.I suppose my question to you guys is: How do you mange economically when living in a big city with your partner and your kid? And more importantly, if you're in a bad financial situation, does it matter? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RomH0r

No comments:

Post a Comment