Thursday 29 November 2018

How do you deal with your child having a toxic friendship?


Some backstory but will try not to make it too long.​My daughter and a couple little girls from daycare became friends with each other. Eventually all of the parents got together and found out that we all really enjoy hanging out with each other. We have become quite a little crew of just hanging out and it's been awesome.​The downside... One of the families don't quite have the control over their kids that the other two do. The kids run the house and we are totally ok with that because to each their own. However, last night something happened and while it isn't the first time an incident has occurred...it did bother me.​My wife was taking the girl home and heard them talking in the back of the car. The girl asked my daughter if she could have something, daughter said no and the wife thought that was the end of it...Turns out the girl just took the item and wouldn't give it back. Finally the daughter came down to my wife and spilled what was going on...the girl was called down by her mother..made to give it back. Instead of handing it back..she threw it at her and screamed that she never wanted to see her again..wife was done at this point and they left. On the way home the girl called and apologized.​I really don't like my daughter being treated like this... it's abusive and I don't want to teach my daughter that she has to accept this type of shit in order to be friends. The downside..we LOVE the parents and want to continue to hang out with them..but they don't have support for kid free nights.​Thoughts? Have you had to deal with it before?​P.S it's really hard not to use names LOL via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2AANAH0

No comments:

Post a Comment