Thursday 29 November 2018

Came up with a system to get my toddler to eat dinner


My 3 year old has been on a "nothing but noodles" stint for about 6 months now. I guess I just hit my wall and figured, I don't care if she eats the same thing every single meal, but it needs to have a few more food groups!An idea popped into my head, I tested it, and it is working like a charm so I wanted to share. I wish I could post a picture of what I created, but it says no posting pictures so I'll try to describe.I created four squares: red, yellow, green, and purple. They are printed out next to each other and below each square it says Protein (red), Grain (yellow), Vegetables (green) and Fruits (purple).I then created a bunch of these colored squares in Photoshop. For each color, I pasted in a picture of a food that fits in the category. I printed them out and now we have a bunch of colored squares with foods on them that our daughter can pick from.She has to pick one of each color category and put it on the matching labeled square. That is her meal. If she tries everything and eats at least 2, she gets a dessert.It's not perfect (ideally she would eat whatever we make) but at least she hasn't had noodles at all this week! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QySRcx

No comments:

Post a Comment