Tuesday 27 November 2018

Just called child protective services against my sister. What can I expect?


As the title states, I just called child protective services against my sister. Her and I have a half-way decent relationship, which I expect to be implode in a few days...To start, she is an 'ex drug addict'. She's admitted to using almost every kind of drug, and is an ex heroine addict. She says she is not using currently, but I suspect otherwise. However, her ex-husband who regularly watches her kids, is a full-blown drug addict.The ex-husband seems to watch the children at least half of the time (not sure why my sister allows this...) and uses several drugs often, even in the presence of his children. He recently beat up his 8-9 month pregnant girlfriend in front of my sister's kids. When this happened, the kids had to retreat and hide in the apartment corridor and wait for the police to arrive. He was arrested, and they interviewed one of my sister's kids, but formal charges were never files, so he continues to see them as the sole caretaker very often. He puts them to sleep and gets high, as my sister admitted to me just a few days ago.I called CPS and let them know everything I've heard. I feel like I made the right decision, but can't bite back the feeling that my 'family situation' is about to crumble beyond repaid. I feel fairly confident they will know it was me - I provided some very specific details outlining their abuse that only I would know.I feel I made the right decision, but am tremendously worried about the fallout.Any ideas on what I can expect? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FEecNc

No comments:

Post a Comment