Tuesday 27 November 2018

A guy we wave "Hi" to in the morning gave my 5 year old daughter a lavish gift


My spidey sense has been tingling and I'm not sure what to do.Every morning, I walk my daughter through the back alley of my building and then across the street to school. I use this route often, not only for school but to go to work as well since it's only 2 blocks away.We share this alley with several businesses, one of which is an auto repair shop. This guy says "Hi" or "Hi my little angel" every time we walk by. He introduced himself at one point so my daughter says "Hi Mr. [Smith]" sometimes.The other day we were walking by and my daughter mentions that she just turned 5. Today he gave her a present and wished her a happy birthday.He handed me a grocery bag which at first glance looked to be filled with some chocolates and a card. I thought the card was strange but I'd work it out after i got my daughter to school.When i got home, i opened the bag up and there are a bunch of hershey's kisses, some truffles (something you'd see at a CVS), a Mickey & Minnie Mouse snow globe and a card. I open up the card and there's a $50 visa gift card inside.Whoa. This seems a bit over the top to me. Am i overreacting? Is this dude just super nice or is he planting seeds to kidnap my kid? How do i give this stuff back? I walk by this place at least twice a day.I looked this guy up on the sex offender registry and nothing came up. We live about 75 yards away from and elementary school.I'm going to have a talk with my daughter about him when I pick her up today. Just to reinforce that the only people that can pick her up from school or go anywhere with is immediate family (NO MATTER WHAT).edit: I talked to the guy and tried to give the gift back and said it was too much. After a few times, he insisted that we keep it and he just wants to be good neighbors. I looked into this guys eyes and he just seems like a nice guy.I talked to my wife about it whom I knew would certainly overreact. At the end of the day, I'll probably buy the crew some donuts or something before xmas to return the favor.Thanks all! You rock! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QjJJZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment