Thursday 29 November 2018

7 year old I am nannying has no filter...I need to address it with her parents


So I recently lost my job and began working as nanny for an affluent family.The daughter is 7 and I am with her Monday thru Saturday.Yesterday her school was closed for teacher work day so we decided to hit up a local kids art class. About half way through she came to find me an announce to the adults “I want to go home and rub.”She has some developmental delays and cognitively is around 4. I knew what she was asking for because in the 1.5 weeks I’ve been with her I’ve found her hiding in various places around the house masturbating which she calls rubbing. Her parents are aware she does it and just advised me to send to her room so she can do it privately. Which I’m fine with.I said we were staying and she needed to finish her painting. A couple minutes pass and she said she had to use the potty, her parents are strict about going alone, they want her use the bathroom alone and not ask for help which she’s good at. As I’m waiting for her to finish a mom comes out and ask if I’m waiting for a little girl and I said yes, she said you need to go in there now she’s being disgusting.I walk in and she’s in a stall naked, rubbing herself. I hastily get her dressed and bring her home.When we get home I let her know she needs to take her nap and she was more than willing. 30 minutes in to her nap and I hear her screaming. She said her privates hurt from rubbing and she doesn’t want to stop but she hurts.I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! Her mom is going to be by the house around 1 and I want to discuss this with her but I don’t know how.I had met the previous nanny who warned me about it but said because she is delayed mentally that this is one of the few thing she can do unassisted and be proud of so just let her do it.I don’t care that she masturbates, but I care she’s hurting herself.This uncharted territory for me and I need help. I don’t think it’s abuse. Her parents are never around, I’m always there and she’s in school a bulk of the day. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2rdPCsB

No comments:

Post a Comment