Wednesday 28 November 2018

Delusional husband


My husband occasionally says, “I always imagined life would be like the Cleavers.” It makes sense that he thinks this way because he grew up in a less than desirable situation and his mom was basically not a mom at all. I can see that someone who has never had a real family would have unrealistic views on what family is. But then again, he doesn’t go out of his way to do anything when it comes to family. He’s all about work, and when he’s home it’s about tv. So that gives me the impression that what he really means is he expects family to consist of a woman doing everything at home. It’s not like this is the only indication of his expectations. He has complained about me not cleaning enough to meet his ocd needs, and I have put him through the wringer to do his part as a father.I’m tired of him dismissing what I do for my daughter and acting like he’s dissatisfied with real life. I know there’s not a woman in the world who can make him happy because his desires are based on TV. I don’t go around saying I always imagined my husband to be someone like Leonardo DiCaprio because that would be ridiculous and no one cares. That’s shit you keep to yourself, don’t you think? I don’t know how to respond to my husband when he says shit like that at midnight right before I am about to fall asleep. I have already been through that stage where we fight all the time and I just don’t care anymore. I have no energy to deal with his bullshit.I just want to know how to approach this without wanting to smack him in the face. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TToQTd

No comments:

Post a Comment