Saturday 28 October 2017

Tradition and religion


Hi, first post here!We just had our first baby yesterday and already most of my in-laws and friends are already talking about and planning on baptizing my baby to catholic religion before her first month and I think It's ridiculous.I'm from a very religious country where 90% of the population is catholic and by tradition babies are baptized before their first month and have some friends and families become godfathers/godmothers. I grew up in an atheist family and I haven't been baptized to any religion too.I tried voicing my opinion on that matter to my in-laws and friends and they all think I'm a monster and my daughter would miss out on heaven and gifts from her would be Godfathers/mothers every Christmas (that's the tradition, giving gifts to your God daughters/son every Christmas).My family celebrate Christmas when I was a kid even though they don't believe in it, and I had many gifts from my parents and families even though I don't have any godparents. And I'm planning on doing the same thing to my daughter.My wife is indifference on subject. She not an atheist but she not religious. And just want me to decide whether to baptize our daughter or not, she just doesn't care.What to do reddit? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xwjSjQ

No comments:

Post a Comment