Sunday 29 October 2017

Looking for Answers


I've read some of the post here and felt like I wasn't alone. I have a daughter on the autism spectrum. Since the day she was born I have fought for her. The developmental doctors, 29 hours of therapy as soon as we found out weekly, joined a community of people with the same situation. She received the first grant in TX for ABA therapy. I fought my heart out.Now she's 13. We moved 6 years ago to be closer to family that has died. It's been a huge struggle with her father, because even though he has bipolar disorder medicated he seems like the more stable parent. He hasn't worked in five years. Has lived in the same house for 4 years because his family set him up. He has had no worries, and on top of everything insist he doesn't have BP. He's been diagnosed at least twice that I know of.I have spent the past five years working (interior designer) running all over the place, just trying to keep a roof over our heads, when I was in a town that I hadn't lived in since I was 18. My work has pulled out of town and without a choice I needed to do what it took to provide. My daughter has questioned why I work so much. On the phone constantly etc. She says she's embarrassed that her father doesn't work.My mom and step father died within the past two months. The back and forth with my daughter is creating turmoil in her life and ours. I'm in the middle of cleaning out my mothers house and thinking about what I have left of my own. I'm sure I'm slightly depressed, but I can't handle anymore and feel like I'm falling apart and just want to run. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iIJ0RW

No comments:

Post a Comment